St. Alban’s Court was the home of the Hammond family for over four hundred years, and before their long tenure it belonged to the Abbey and Convent of St. Alban’s. The estate was recorded in the Domesday Survey of 1086 as Eswalt, which is believed to have once been a part of a much older Saxon estate known as Oesewalum, also written as Oesewalum and Oseuualun. Physical evidence has been found of early Saxon settlers, but even they were late comers when compared to the Bronze age and earlier inhabitants who left their mark.

 St. Alban’s Court: the old house picture gallery

St Alban’s Court: the new house picture gallery.

Eswalt, later St. Alban’s Court: before the Domesday Survey of 1086

Eswalt: from Domesday to the Dissolution of the Monasteries

King Stephen’s Charter confirming the grant of Estwala

The Vill’ of Essesole-house plots and land holdings in 1501

The Hammonds of St. Alban’s Court

A PULHAM GARDEN REDISCOVERED IN NONINGTON, KENT by Peter Hobbs.

Archaeological finds at St. Alban’s Court

A brief history of Nonington College of Physical Education